REKINDLING OLD MEMORIES OF NATIONAL CADET CORPS

 

             REKINDLING OLD MEMORIES OF NATIONAL CADET CORPS

 

Ever since I was a child, I wanted to be a part of RDC Contingent marching on Rajpath. This desire was imbibed in me owing to live telecast of the Republic Day Celebrations on DD National Channel. Back then, it all felt like a dream.

Fast forward twelve years, I joined Bhavan’s New Science College for an undergraduate programme where I came across Lieutenant Commander JaganMohan Sidda (ANO Sir). He enlightened me on selection procedure and joining formalities with which I successfully joined 1T Naval Unit, National Cadet Corps of AP&T directorate. Then the parades began and so the learnings!

                           With A.N.O Sir Lt. Cmdr. Dr. Jagan Mohan Sidda

 

Shortly, after completing first month in National Cadet Corps, I couldn’t attend parades for next month due to my dislocated knee. Crossing roads, jogging, running and digging foot on ground during drill became extremely difficult for my wobbling legs. To me it appeared as if my dream will never see the light of realness. Despite knowing that fact, ANO sir has always supported me and asked me to continue the practice without any two thoughts. It was him who gave wings to my dreams.

During the second year, camps began and my very first camp was an Annual Training camp (2017-2018) under Camp Cmdt. Captain D. Sreenivas, the Commanding Officer of 1T Naval Unit. We haven’t had a GCI in our unit but her need was never felt because of the extremely supportive P.I staff, X.O Sir and C.O Sir. They used to reward us very often, just for us to stay longer, focus more and perform better. This led to setting up of a strong foundation.

 

                                                    With P.I Staff

 

During the subsequent camps of RDC, I came across many great mentors like Lt. Col. Kishore Kumar More and Lt. Col. Dandapani who were our Camp Cmdts. as well as our Training Officers. Under their mentorship, the BC (Best Cadet) training felt like Personality and I.Q development, ragada became workout and selections became chances to showcase learnings and get better results. In National Cadet Corps my Seniors, co-cadets and buddy pairs played a crucial role too in inspiring me; officers helped me to become more adept at facing challenges. They all made my wings capable enough to fly.

 

                      GururBrahma GururVishnu GururDevo Maheswaraha

                   Guru Saakshaat ParaBrahma Tasmai Sri Gurave Namaha

 

I am of the belief that a great mentor is like a deity and I was lucky to be mentored by them. I am truly and extremely thankful for having had such encouraging and nurturing mentors and for the magnificent experience and learnings that made my Best Cadet RDC (SW-Navy III) Medal and YEP Russia possible in the National Cadet Corps.

                                    

                                             With C.O Sir Capt. D Sreenivas


I am also highly grateful to my C.O sir that he had put an end to old adage notion of no SW Cadet to be promoted as a Senior Cadet Captain and he emphasized on making me one which brought an out-and-out transformation. With my wings, he made me not just fly but Soar!


  ---HARSHITHA JAIN

      VOGUE ROG

Comments

  1. Heyyy our favorite blogger is back again. Thanks for recollecting our memories too😍😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please do not post any spam link in the comment box.

Popular posts from this blog

MOUTH-WATERING MANGO CAKE

SASSY HYDERABADI SLANG

HAPPY DUSSEHRA QUOTES AND WISHES